Before you leave home

These next few pages will inform you on the most important things you need to know before you make the move to Metro English College!

Click below to read a very useful Guide to Studying in Australia:

(includes: currency, insurance, clothing, visa conditions, immigration, setting up a bank account and lots more!)

Arranging Visas

As an international student you must hold a valid student visa for the duration of your study time in Australia. Many students apply for a visa themselves online or via the Australian Diplomatic Mission in their country. The visa application process can be complicated and for students from certain countries it may be better to submit an aplication with the assistance of a GCA Representative Agent due to their familiarity and experience in the field.

In order to apply for a visa you will need a valid passport, and electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) and any other documentation required by the Australian diplomatic post with which you lodge your application. For example, if you are under 18 you must have a completed CAWW form to ensure your accommodation and welfare is approved by your education provider.

You must ensure to allow enough time for processing between lodging your application and the start of your academic program, as it can be a lengthy process depending on your country of origin.

Important Documents to bring

  • Visa document
  • Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)
  • Passport
  • Personal details (Australian address, Email, Mobile number)
  • Emergency contact details